At times, I may go through spurs of writing advice and different topics that I feel strongly about. That is what happened the last couple weeks. I had experiences in my life that inspired me to write about relationships, friendships, family, and life. During hard times, I use writing as therapy. I use writing as my way of expressing my feelings and thoughts because I believe it not only helps me, but others. I strive to "live a life that inspires others." This is one way to do so.
This weekend was the the Final Four games... Butler -vs-VCU & UK -vs- UConn. The Butler/VCU game was an exciting game because both teams have great stories. Here are two teams that fought hard to be noticed... two teams that definitely deserved to be where they were. VCU, I had never even heard of. They had to win a number of games to get into the tournament. Many said they shouldn't have had a spot in the tournament. They proved them wrong. Butler ended up taking the win, which moved them onto the Championship game....I thought this meant WE (meaning UK) would be playing them...
At the start of the Butler/VCU game, my family was already downstairs, with UK shirts on, getting ready for the BIG game. We were in our basement that is decorated in UK, drinking out of UK mugs, wearing UK gear and chanting Go Big Blue before the game even started. I guess you can say we were a LITTLE excited.There is one thing most people can tell you about my family, even if you don't know us- we are HUGE Kentucky fans. Not only did my dad graduate from UK, but my little brother goes there. I have family from Lexington and our family bleeds blue. Kentucky is based on traditions and we were built into that tradition. UK basketball isn't just a game, it is a time for our family to be together. It is a time for us to communicate and share a strong love for our team..together. So, we all snug together on a couch and we're rooting on our Wildcats!
I didn't have a good vibe just with them coming out; didn't look like their game faces were on. First half, our shooting was off. When I say off, I mean absolutely miserable. At half, we were down by 10 (UK 21 UCONN 31). We were pretty confident that Calipari would give a speech at half-time that would get these boys back into the game. He did just that; they hit two threes right away at the beginning of the 2nd half. It was a close game and with 16 seconds left... at half court, it was our ball and we were down by 2. The ball was passed to Liggins, he went up for a three-point shot, and missed it. They got the rebound and we fouled them. UConn made both free throws, and though we did hit a 3 point shot shot at the end, we fell short by 1 point. I believe that Liggins shouldn't have gone for a three point shot. If it had to be a three point shot, at least give it to Lamb. I think they should have drove to the basket with the hope of drawing in the foul or AND-1 or just tie ball game. Then again, we couldn't make free throws. Everyone will say there own opinion on what they should have done...but the fact of the matter is, it's over and we lost. We didn't deserve to win that game. Shooting was off; only made 4-12 free throws (ridiculous). I am still shocked he played zone defense for a little bit, Calipari never plays that defense... he actually hates it. I dont think UConn had the greatest game either... but they made their free throws and we couldn't stop Walker... so, Congrats Uconn.... Congrats UK for a great season!
Box Score of UK/UConn Game
If you are wondering, I will be cheering on Butler in the Finals. Go Bulldogs!
Other than the UK game, the weekend was nice. My dad's friend from when he was little came into town, it was nice to meet him and his wife. I also went to breakfast this morning with my friend Jamie and her family:) Boy do I miss them...
Hope everyone has a wonderful week... I can't believe it's April... where is the time going??
No comments:
Post a Comment