Friday, May 27, 2011

The Beauty Within

I watched a 20/20 episode on ABC about a mother, Stephanie Nielson, that was involved in a plane crash with her husband. 80% of her body was burned, and the worst burns were located on her face. She had to go back to four children that were terrified by her new appearance, not able to recognize the mother they remembered. I really recommend watching this episode, I have posted it below:
5/13: Plane Crash Survivor

Before Photo of Stephanie with son...


After Photo of Stephanie with daughter...


At the end of the episode, she is asked, "do you think you are a beautiful woman?"

She responds, ""yes, I do. I feel like I'm beautiful because I have a beautiful life.. that's whats beautiful."

This story really touched my heart because it revealed to me the beauty from within. It makes you wonder how much your outer appearance defines who you are and what you think of yourself. This plane crash drastically changed her relationship with her children... the relationship with her husband, and even with herself. This was a big struggle for Stephanie and her family, but she has moved forward. She is even wanting to have another baby and expand her family. She is strong. She is a mother... and a good one, at that.

I also recommend taking a look at her blog!  : Nie Nie Dialogues

I am inspired by this woman, and I believe everyone needs to hear her story....

That's all for today. Have a great SAFE weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment