Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Take A Stand

This is Lily with her two best friends - Bauer and Paisley!  They all say "Hello" :)

There is always ways to improve yourself. No one is perfect, nor should you try to be. It should be evident by now that I feel everything in life is a choice. Circumstances may happen from not being able to control others, but you always have control of YOURSELF. When you feel you don't have control of yourself, make changes where need be immediately. You know deep down where the issue lies.. Make it a priority to stay in control of who you are and who you want to be.

This weekend, I went to the bar both nights with friends. Now, let me clarify something -- I do not go to the bar to get drunk... I go for the social aspect. I am a people watcher. It is amazing what you can learn by watching people and the amount of control they lose when they drink. The problem with drinking is the lack of control that it can cause. There was a girl that I was watching. She had a red dress on and wedge heels. I say this because it plays a part in my assumption I made while watching her. She fell over, feet in the air, back on the ground. I could see her underwear. I was embarrassed, and the sad part is that I don't even think she was in control of her mind enough to think SHE was embarrassed. As I continued to watch her, she flung her purse as hard as she could and hit this guy she was with in the face... the guy laughed because I think he honestly did not know what to do. These guys continued to follow her around, which in my mind told me they probably thought she was "easy." I assume that seeing her under garments, gave them the same assumption that I made. They weren't trying to calm her down or portray in anyway that she was out of line...they laughed at her.  She could be a very mature young lady normally, but that night - she portrayed a totally different person. She had lost control of herself.

This is the problem with alcohol. If you lose control of the person you are or want to be, you have drank too much.

Why do people drink so much that they lose control of who they are?
Maybe to hide something? Some think that if they can find a way to forget about their issues/problems, that they will go away. They are still there, whether you have a drink in your hand or not. Drinking actually amplifies the issues you have because it brings those issues to the surface. You can not think clearly... your perception of your problems are under a magnifying glass.

In a thought that they want to fit in with the crowd? Why? You are letting the group control you. I understand peer pressure, however I also understand the power of an individual. You have the choice of your own decisions. At the end of the night, you have to live with the decisions you make - not the decisions of others. Slow down the atmosphere of drinking. If you aren't throwing them back quick, others around you may not either. You could actually have the power to change the tone. Wouldn't it be better for everyone to have an easy going night that they remember.. with no regrets?

You can drink, but do not allow it to control you. Keep control... it's the only control you have. Take a stand from the negative influences in your life. It could be alcohol, it could be money...it could be people. It could even be the past. Find out what is keeping you from moving forward in the direction you want. Keep the control of who you are; your morals, your values, your direction.

Do not let ANYTHING stand in your way of taking control of your life.

Take the Stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment