Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hope for an open door...

Today is Interview Day! I have an interview with the department of Psychology at OSU. I am excited about this position for a number of reasons, but here are a few:

1. It utilizes my Bachelor's degree, enabling me to begin a career - Not to mention, it is at Ohio State... and I love working for the University.

2. I am really interested in Psychology. I believe in any position that you take on, you MUST have a love for what you are doing. Not only will I be in a position within my educational background, but also a department that I have thought about pursuing a Master's degree in. I have taken continuing education classes through Psychology just because of the interest I have in it.

3. I am excited about the job duties set for this position. I communicate with a variety of people, including students, faculty and staff. I would coordinate administrative activities and do a number of duties dealing with the academics!

Hopefully I can represent myself well and be able to have the opportunity to be a part of the department... because it is a great opportunity. I'll let you know how the interview goes tomorrow:) Wish me luck!

Last night, I watched The Final Rose (The Bachelor). Brad ended up proposing to Emily at the end of the episode, which made me happy because she is absolutely adorable. During the "After Show," they were able to finally see each other in public for the first time. They discussed the issues they have had since the Final Rose ceremony and the heart ache of watching the show on Mondays after the fact. I can not imagine sitting watching the show on Monday, finding out all the things my fiance said to so many different girls. I can not say that I believe in the show. I don't think love can come that fast... but... I do believe in fate. I believe all these people took on the opportunity on the show with the right intentions. I think the show leads them to finding true love by developing the motivation to find it... if that makes sense. There are three couples that are still currently together that have been through The Bachelor or Bachelorette experience. So, there isn't a great success rate in relationships from the show.. but it CAN work. Hopefully Emily and Brad do....
You can watch the episode at ABC

There was an article in the Columbus Dispatch that literally tore me apart. Please keep in your prayers the Maloney family, who lost their six year old son. Do I want to talk about this article on my blog? Not really. However, I think it is extremely important to be aware of this situation for the future. By reading it, it could save someone else's life. Also, please pray for the family of the friend's house that the boy was at. Such a sad situation. Breaks my heart.

Okay, there is this robot named Kaspar, being used with Autistic children. I read about this first through the Columbus Dispatch. First of all, look at this doll. It is a scary looking doll! Yes, I think children can become intrigued by the doll based on the many things that it can do, causing reactions. I have had interaction with children with Autism, including my niece, who has mild Autism. I looked up the doll on YouTube because I wanted to see how the doll actually interacted. I am seriously frightened by this doll, couldn't they have made him look less Michael Jackson/Chuckie like and made him more sweet looking. Here's the thing with the doll, it does help with trial and error. It may help with anxiety of interaction with others. Knowing if you hit Kaspar, he will show that he has been hurt. However, a doll is predictable. In real life situations, each child will not show the same response. I believe this technique would be good to use periodically in a session with a psychiatrist. Knowing from the doll sad/happy/hurt definitely helps, but I don't know how much you can rely on the doll on a regular basis for teaching purposes. I will say, some appearance changes are NECESSARY.

I have yet to tell LCC Congrats for a great basketball season. Last year, LCC was named "State Champs." This year, OG beat LCC in District Finals 56-54. Close game. Some talented kids on that team -- Shout out to Austin Stolly - my brother TJ's good friend :) He had 12 points at that game.
Lima News: Titans Topple T-Birds

Lily woke up in the middle of the night several times last night, so I am a little tired. Hopefully, I can find some energy throughout the day and for my interview... I'm knocking on the door for opportunity... hoping it opens:)
Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment