GO WILDCATS!
Now that we got that outta the way, today I want to touch on a topic that goes along with finding happiness in yourself -- it is how you view yourself. In this society, there is a lot of emphasis placed on the way you look. You see an actress gain five pounds and magazines are making a big deal about how they are gaining weight. You see young girls with eating disorders because they feel they are not skinny enough. The message that is sent out changes the way people view themselves. It is powerful enough to change the reflection you see in the mirror.
In the past, I used to tan A LOT. It came to the point where I believed that I was pale, and others would comment on how tan I was. I was dark. To me, it was a confidence thing. I did it and to me, I felt like I looked better. When I believed I looked better, it changed my attitude. I felt happier. Outside of being unhealthy, I never realized the effects that the tanning had on me. It changed the way I viewed myself in the mirror. Now, I have stopped the tanning. After years of not seeing my actual skin color, I am finally realizing naturally how I look... I realized this is ME. Under the dark skin, I had the same personality, the same morals and values, and was the same girl. I accepted that I don't need to pay money to look a certain way. I decided to fall in love with my own skin.
Every scar on your body is a remembrance. Good or bad, it is something that made you, YOU. I have a dent on my forehead from picking at my Chicken-Pox when I was little. When I see it...I think of myself running around with just BAM! POW! underwear on proud of my Chicken-Pox. It makes me smile. I have brown eyes...but if you look close there's a touch of green. They are from my Momma. Most know, I have a square head. I have the SIMS head, full of calix and crowns. Everyone in the Sims family has this, it's a trait that keeps continuing. I have a few red dots on my body that I have no idea what they are. My dad has them too. I have a slim but curvier figure and like my whole family, I am short. I have genetics that root from years and years back. I have qualities that were shown in family members in my family tree that I may have never met. I am unique but have a blend of my family history. This makes me, me... and this makes me, proud.
"In This Skin" Jessica Simpson.
I am not saying by any means that I do not have times of self esteem issues and a lack of confidence. I do. However, like I always say, you need to find happiness in yourself. You need to fall in love with who you are and your own skin. Realize that you don't need to change a thing about yourself. You were made perfectly. You are beautiful just as you are... in your skin :)
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment