Today is ASH WEDNESDAY. I did grow up in a Catholic school, so I am well aware what this day means to Catholics - but I participate in the "Giving up things" in Lent only because it's a perfect opportunity to give up something at the same time my Catholic friends are. I am actually Methodist, and happen to love my church, Shawnee Methodist Church in Lima, Ohio. If you haven't been there, you should come to at least one service. I'm confident you'll come back. (Traditional Service 9am - Contemporary 11am) Anyways, the biggest reason I bring up Ash Wednesday today is because this marks the kick off for Lent. While there are different fasting methods based on religion, in most cases, meat is forbidden at certain times. Captain D's is great place to eat during the Lent season! Right now, Double Dozen Shrimp Dinner is only $4.99! Come on in and try it! :) http://www.captainds.com/files/home.aspx - Menu is listed on website!
Best Ohio Locations: Lima (Eastgate & Elida Rd), Wapak (Bellefontaine St), Findlay (Fostoria Rd), and Defiance (SR 66 N).
Best Kentucky Locations: Lexington ( New Circle Rd, Mount Tabor Rd, Reynolds Rd), Pikeville (S Mayo Tr), Nicholasville (Imperial Way) and Middletown (Shelbyville Rd).
Best Louisiana Locations: Alexandria (S MacArthur Dr), and Leesville (S Fifth St).
So, the big news around here is about Jim Tressel. Though many know the story, I'll give you a little recap: Pretty much, he received an email from a lawyer about a confidential investigation that involved some of his players. In his contract, no matter what the circumstance, Tressel needs to tell the Ohio State University Compliance Office with any matters like this. However, he refrained from telling the office. This was a major violation through the University. In consequence, Tressel is fined 250,000, suspended first two games of the next season, attend a compliance seminar and obviously, apologize publicly. Honestly, I am still shocked that these players would sell memorabilia: Big Ten championship rings, Gold Pants trinkets for beating Michigan, and Pryor's 2009 Fiesta Bowl Sportsmanship Trophy. I understand these players may go off the the NFL or whatever, but they should hold pride in those items. It should mean something to them. I couldn't sell those items, no matter what the cost... but hey, obviously they could.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/national_world/stories/2011/03/08/weight-loss-its-quality-of-calories-not-quantity.html?sid=101 Found this article about quality vs quantity in calories. I was always told if you ate less calories, you'll lose weight -- Regardless of what you eat. I kind of took that thought process on.. instead of eating whole wheat toast in the morning... I'd wait and eat a candy bar when I got hungry before work. Today, I did that actually. Vending machine - Quick, easy. So, tonight, I am going to stop by the grocery -- pick up some fruit. Through out the day, I will eat out of a container of fruit. Honestly, I'll eat more -- but the food will be better for me -- give me more energy... and hopefully in the end help me in a weight standpoint. We shall see...
http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/09/1662866/calipari-says-having-fun-the-secret.html
http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/09/1662389/kentuckys-jones-named-sec-freshman.html#
I went to the UK-Florida Game the end of February, and stayed and watched Calipari talk. I'll tell you what, he is a hell of a speaker. He says post-season, he wants the players to have fun. What a great strategy. You perform better when you enjoy yourself. Congrats to Terrance Jones; Named SEC Freshman of the Year!Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Doron Lamb were also recognized in all-league voting - Knight: SEC first team. Lamb: SEC Freshman Team. Liggins: All-Defensive Team. We have a great coach, top players, and a program that is based on tradition. I love my wildcats!
_____________________________________________________
I took Lily Bug to the dog Park yesterday - Pizzurro Park in Gahanna, Ohio. I go there because there's a gated park for small dogs under 20 lbs. Not many parks allow a separate part for small dogs, and Lily is SO small that I get nervous letting her run free with German Shepherds, Great Danes, etc. They are SO big. It was kind of funny because Lily was by far the smallest dog there, but she was taller than this one wiener dog.. it was funny- the legs were SO short. Anyways, the park was on the brink of being flooded. It was SO muddy, so I put Lily in the stone area where there's little obstacles. It gained popularity because there was 4-5 small dogs in that area with us by the time we were leaving. Lily was happy to run free -- she cant do that very often!
My boyfriend, Sam, is a college basketball coach and was recruiting last night in Mount Vernon. With it being so close to Columbus, he came in town. So, that was nice :) Not very often I see him on a weekday. My day is pretty busy today -- Work at the hospital, then clean/babysit.. then need to fit in a workout after because today starts that 4 day working out. This blogging is actually good for me because it motivates me more to work out so I can talk about it on here. SO, tomorrow I'll let you know what I did during my work out. I'm hoping for a little cardio, and I want to do some squats. I did squats this weekend with my brother with bar/weights... Those were brutal. Still in pain...
By the way, I found out I have an interview next week! I am pretty excited about the opportunity of interviewing again. It is through the Academic side of Ohio State! Woo hoo, finally able to utilize my B.A! ha.
3 fun facts:
1. I took a typing test today to see how fast I typed per minute. I type 74 words per minute, which means I have gotten worst at typing then a couple months ago. How did that happen? I think it is because I make edits as I type, so I don't have corrections to make after. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. But none the less, 74 wpm.
2. I have been fortunate enough to travel to all kinds of places. Aruba, Israel, Greece, Croatia, Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Canada, Mexico. I think there are more places out of country I've been then, there are states that I have been to.
3. I have had Facebook since the beginning of 2005. Doesn't seem like I have had it all that long. I remember when I found out about it, around the time I started visiting campuses. The college people I met were just starting it... This is back when you had to have a college email address to be able to get on Facebook. Now, it has evolved to everyone using Facebook. Even my Grandparents have it - which is great!
Well, we are getting over the Work Week Hump, two more days of work till weekend:) Woo Hoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment