Yesterday, the interview went well. I was surprised to find out that my interview was with several members of the department, and not just the hiring manager. It was very conversational and a very comfortable environment. We'll see what happens...
After the interview, I went to work out. It was so busy, but somehow I found a treadmill. I walked at a high incline for 5 mins, then ran for 5 mins at an incline. I went back and forth a few times, till my hand accidentally hit the STOP button. I was so mad, but didn't want to start over from the beginning when I was close to being finished. I was tired anyways. I didn't realize how hard it would be with an incline. Then did some strength training. It's actually interesting to look around because everyone has their set way of doing things; you end up finding new ways to work out different parts of your body. I saw this girl doing squats and lunges with weights... so I may be stealing her moves! ;) By the way, I worked out 6 days in a row-- Summer, here I come:)
I went to dinner with one of my good friends last night. This blog came up in conversation and he suggested I write about love. For some reason, I am the go-to when it comes to advice, problems, and situations with love. I have learned a lot about love with the situations/experiences I have had in my life. The biggest thing I learned was this: You can only control yourself, no one else. I have been through heartache in my life, I have had happiness in my life. All of which, were due to the mindset that I had. You can not control anyone else but yourself. This means you can't control whether they leave you, cheat on you, lie to you, treat you well, or love you back. When I say you have control of yourself, I simply mean the ball is always in your court. It's what you do with that ball that determines the path you will go on. People lose track of themselves in relationships and sometimes forget the control they have on themselves. When control of one's self is gone, honestly, so is the relationship. The tug-a-war that occurs in relationship is not only unhealthy, but fatal. A big part of this is loving yourself. This is really important. You have to know how to love yourself before you can allow someone to love you. That respect/love for yourself helps refrain from losing control of who you are, what you believe and what you will tolerate. Love does come with a share of things that you can't control. ( "The Trouble with Love Is" - Kelly Clarkson.) Feelings / Emotions, you have no control over. My dad always has told me, don't forget your mind has a say on things. There are times you need to listen to your head, over your heart. This is where that control comes in. So that's my spiel on love today.
Sorry but I won't be adding any news today!
Fact about me (sorry I forgot yesterday)
1. I have a poem published, "Regret." It was written my junior year of high school. I wrote it about a bad experience in my life with people I really cared about. It was free-verse; different poetry than what I usually write. Feel free to read it at Poetry by Alyssa Sims
It is Wednesday... week is half way over *~
No comments:
Post a Comment