Sunday, March 13, 2011

GO CATS!

I can't promise that I will write every single day, but I will try. Yesterday was one of those days that I had a full day. I know SO many people were wondering where I was ;)

Friday - I worked out right after work... Completing Day 3. Good work out; Sam came with me so he made me up the weight on everything I was doing in strength training. Obviously this made squats harder than before. I was proud of myself for doing the same amount of sets/reps. I did 35 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, and then ran a mile on the treadmill. Running is not something I enjoy, but I realize it's a great way to lose weight...so, I do it. Occasionally. We got back to watch the Kentucky vs Miss game; Wildcats won 75-66.

 It was a relaxing night, I watched the NBC Dateline Special on the mystery of the death of a woman on her honeymoon. Some may remember this story back in 2003, but if you don't, here is a recap : In October 2003, Gabe and Tina were married in Alabama. Eleven days later, Tina drowned while scuba diving in Australia's Great Barrier Reef. If I haven't told you before, this type stuff really interests me. I want to know every detail I can to piece together what happened. This show made me realize one thing... I would hate to be on a jury. Do I think he did it? Yes. Do I think there is proper evidence to charge him for murder? No.  If there is any doubt in a trial, one can not be convicted. This situation is difficult because when the couple went into the water, they were alone. No other scuba divers were around and there is not any accurate evidence on what happened. There was another diver from a far distance that saw two divers that he believed was Gabe and Tina. He saw them embracing each other, but the defense attorney states that he believes it was Tina and the man that tried to rescue her. If that was in fact, Gabe and Tina, then Gabe could have turned off her oxygen. Again, that would be hard to prove. Tina's father stated that Tina came to him before the wedding wanting advice about her life insurance policy at work. She said that Gabe wanted her to up her life insurance plan and change her beneficiary to him, instead of her father. Tina's father told her not to handle it now, but to tell Gabe she did & they would figure it out after the wedding/honeymoon. While that is extremely suspicious, this really can not be used in court because it is just word of mouth from the father. I can't imagine what this family has went through since her death. You think your daughter's life is taking off, beginning her own family, and then it is all taken away. I hope they get justice, but based on the situation -- They will have a lot they need to prove to convict him of murder. You should check out the story; if there is a trial, it should be in May.
MSNBC: Drowned newlywed’s father seeks answers

Saturday, I left for the gym at the same time Sam was driving to a game to recruit. He recruited in Stow, Ohio and then later that night, Boardman, Ohio. He has been doing a lot of driving lately. I dreaded cardio Saturday, so I only did about 30 minutes on the elliptical. I concentrated on abs, and of course did squats. If you haven't noticed, I am doing squats every time because the squats focus directly where I need work. I would like to tone up my mid section, glutes, and thighs. Got back to watch UK vs Alabama game; Again, we won 72-58. Yeah Cats! Check out updates at ESPN.

Happy to say, today was day 5 of working out!!!!!!!!!!! I came to Lima to see my parents, who just got home from Florida. We all went to the YMCA and I decided to swim laps. Swimming is a great workout for your whole body. I started off with a 200 of breast-stroke. Felt good so I took a minute and then swam a 600 of breast-stoke. With taking deep breaths as often as I needed to with breast stroke, it made me really thirsty. I finished off with another 200, adding in free-style, which I am not too good at. I was really good at breast-stroke when I swam in elementary. So, for never swimming, I am pretty proud of the 1000 I swam today; 40 laps!

Today is Sunday and the UK-Florida game is on right now. I'm watching the game while I type this.. so this blog has taken me quite some time. Currently score is 45-33 Good Guys :) 12 minutes left of the game. I will for sure let you know tomorrow when we beat the Gators and are tourney champs! If you aren't watching the game, tune in on ABC. I got this video of my nephew before the game, how cute is this? Watch the Go Big Blue Video ! Boy, do I love this little boy!

GO UK* Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Time out- Sam went to Stow, Ohio??? Isn't that the place that we went for cheer and they were SOOOO proud of their city? They had it written everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete