Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Walk in MY shoes :)

OK, Happy to say, I had a GREAT workout last night. I went around 5:15, left about 6:30. It is PACKED during that time...so I'll need to find a better time to go. Wish my Ipod would have been charged, it is SO hard to workout with no music. I did 45 mins of cardio on the Eliptical (All the treadmills were taken). After, I did lower abs, arms, and legs. I'll tell you what, those squats will get ya! I did the squats with the bar, and squated and then came back up - 3 sets of 20. Last set was a struggle ... I'm feeling it today. I am glad I am getting back into the working out regularly, it gives you more energy and is a boost of confidence. Hoping I can get into a bathing suit in a few months! :) Ah!

I just want to throw this out there -- my niece, Hailey, got straight A's on her report card! :)
I took her to get a Webkins at the mall last weekend. Somehow she talked me into not only a Webkins, but also an Amazing Hamster Webkins. Ha... She thinks I am made of money, I swear. I do spoil the heck out of my nieces and nephews... I can't help it. They are just SO cute. I am a proud Aunt to 8, and one angel above. Skylar Matthew passed away before he was able to see the world. He had a rare chromosome abnormality; instead of the regular 46 chromosomes, he had 69. With full Triploidy 69, like Skylar had, there was no hope for survival. So, that's how I have an angel :) During that time, I wrote a poem. It was hung up at his funeral... Here it is:

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball,
And you come to realize that it was God’s call.
The meaning of family has a whole different light,
And your right to life becomes the fight.
Sometimes it is best to let the flow come of tears
Because though storms and rain may fall, a rainbow appears.
Rain nourishes the flowers and help them grow,
And the rainbow shows us Skylar was what God bestowed.
If making a difference is everyone’s life goal,
His story changed many by touching so many people’s soul.
Faith cannot be measured unless it is put to the test,
Little Skylar came at God’s request
Yet we wanted Skylar to live on Earth with us,
We know it’s God’s will and in Him we trust.
I knew He knew what needed to be done.
I came to realize that our little Skylar has won.
As our guardian angel, he smiles through the clouds,
At a world that he knows nothing about.
The world he knows of is eternal happiness and love,
Waiting for his family to join him up above.

Written in Loving Memory of my nephew: Skylar Matthew Miller

Honestly, it was an emotional rollercoaster during their pregnancy. However, it made us all stronger. He would not have enjoyed life on Earth, it would have been a daily struggle. The last part of that poem makes me feel better about the situation. If there is one thing you should know about me, I love being an Aunt* More than ANYTHING in this world. Excited to have my own kids - Dont worry Dad, many many many years from now :)

Today, I was reading the Lima News online. Right now, there is an anesthesiologist being charged with the murder of his wife in 2006. She died of carbon monoxide poisoning. They were both sleeping in the same house, but he was in another room, sleeping by the open window, with a fan. Obviously, there was a lot that didn't add up in the case: His levels of carbon monoxide were significantly low, they had a lot of marriage problems, and the list goes on.This investigation/trial has been going on for quite sometime... Currently, the courts are hearing his diary that he kept of all his personal problems and issues with his wife. It is evident that he was unhappy with his marriage, and very depressed with his own life. The diary definitely makes him look guilty, along with a lot of other evidence.
We'll let the courts decide... but here's the newest article/video if you would like to take a look..
http://www.limaohio.com/news/today-62596-attorneys-doctor.html#slComments .

Still browsing the Lima News, I came across the article "A Source of Stem Cells." This article discusses pulling baby teeth, wisdom teeth, even adult teeth, and using the stem cells in the future to regrow lost teeth or even repair damaged bones, hearts, pancreases, muscles and brains. I have heard of this before -- but using blood from the umbilical cord when child is born. I guess this gives another chance of saving stem cells, if they are needed and umbilical cord hadn't been saved. I dont agree with pulling baby teeth, unless it is absolutely necessary. Those need to come out on their own. It says that women giving birth may donate their umbilical cords without charge. I thought saving the umbilical cord was very expensive also. If you donate it, can you use it if the child needs it? My one friend did it and I believe she pays 100$ a year for it. Anyways, I am curious to know if there is a health condition where they could regenerating tissue or what not, could they pull a tooth to do it? The investiment of something that expensive would be hard to do.. but so worth it if something happened and it was needed. http://www.limaohio.com/articles/cells-62102-stem-teeth.html

Today, I am really contemplating taking my Lily Bug to a class at Pet Smart. I noticed the other day, she never turns when I say Lily. Of course, the second I try to show you she doesn't - she probably will. However, 3/4 times she does not. That's a big problem, not to mention I want to train her to stay close to me at all times - not run off. She has been better about this. I take her outside and when she sways away, I'll yell NO and she stops. I am afraid she will run off onto the road, it is my biggest fear. I dont live in a house, I am in an apartment. So there isn't a fenced in yard to play in. I just want to make sure I dont open the door, and her sprint out of the house. Lastly, I want to make sure she stops the habit of chewing, so maybe eventually I can leave her out in my room while I'm at work - instead of the bathroom. ALSO, this will give her a little time with other dogs and get her outta the house:)

3 facts about me:

1. Back in grade school, I was on the floor hockey team. I did it mostly because all my friends were on the team, and thought it would be fun. My parents came to one of my games and I was so excited. I finally got the puck, and hit it into the goal! I was SO excited. Then I found out, it was the other team's goal. Needless to say, they were a little embarrassed - and I was REALLY embarrassed.

2. I have three poems published. I write poetry a lot, and maybe throughout my blogs, I will post ones I have written in the past. I write poetry as a form of therapy. I write out of emotion. It's the only way I know how.

3. I am extremely interested in mystery cases on the news. Missing people/murder cases, I will investigate as much as I am able to online to try to understand what happened. In another life, I think I was a detective. I have inspector like qualities.

Shout out to Sarah Maidon. Miss You Girl!

Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha LOVE the shout out!! Miss you too! Only a few more weeks til we are reunited!

    ReplyDelete